Colon Hydrotherapy is a valuable procedure used to assist the body in restoring vibrant health and preventing disease. It may assist in helping many health conditions including constipation, bloating, sluggish bowel movement, irritable bowel syndrome, low immune system, poor digestion and skin problems. Colon hydrotherapy also serves as a great kick start to any weight loss or cleansing program.
We maintain the highest level of hygiene which includes disposable equipment and unit sterilization. This FDA (USA) Approved Open Colon Hydrotherapy device has been safely used in Australia since 1997.
You prepare the day before your session by drinking a few litres of water throughout the day to ensure that you are well-hydrated for your session. You can eat healthy and nourishing foods the day of your colon hydrotherapy session. Eating a meal, two to four hours before your colonic is ideal, but no food or beverage should be consumed in the two hours prior your appointment.
The session takes place in a relaxing private room. You position yourself on a reclined unit, insert a thin tube about two inches into your bottom. The treatment consists of gravity fed, purified water entering the colon which you then gently release. This is performed several times over the duration of this revitalizing treatment. A personal program can be designed during your first visit with your colon hydrotherapist.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the treatment painful?
There will be no pain at all. You may experience a feeling of fullness and discomfort in the abdominal region, and possibly slight cramping created by the water. Gentle water flowing through your colon may give you an unusual sensation. The insertion of the small rectal tube takes a few seconds and is not painful. After a minute or so you will not even feel that it is there. Most clients find the treatment to be relaxing, as you learn about good health and are motivated to be the best.
Will I feel any negative side effects?
When toxins that have been lying dormant in the colon are being flushed out and stirred up, you may feel light-headed or nauseous during the session. This is called a “healing crises” and will quickly pass. As you go along with your cleansing program, you may have additional healing crises, but you will feel much better overall, and day by day you will have a stronger feeling of health and well-being.
How many colonics will I need?
- The number of treatments needed varies greatly between individuals and his/her condition. Often times, waste is so well logged and hard in the colon that it may take a series of colonics to sufficiently soften and loosen the accumulated faecal matter. If you are on a detox program and eating a great amount of raw fruits and veggies, you should get frequent treatments. This is because a raw diet triggers the body to dump tremendous amount of toxins, so you need to rinse those toxins from your colon often in order to keep up with the rapid detox.
- Once your colon has had a series of cleansings, your body will tell you when and how often you need to get additional colonics to maintain a healthy internal environment. Any time you can fit a colonic into your time and budget, it will be beneficial for you.
- An example of a good series would be to start with a series of 6 to 12 sessions: two the first week (one today/one tomorrow), two the second week, and one a week for the next two to eight weeks.
- The human body is execeptionally sensitive, and we find this to be a healthy, appropriate approach to a colonic series. When we clean out the colon, the body starts pulling waste out of the tissue and putting it into the blood stream. The waste then heads to the liver and then back to the colon. Therefore, the second colon hydrotherapy session is necessary so that the digested waste is eliminated and rinsed out rather than being reabsorbed.
- After you’ve had four sessions, it is recommended to have one a week in order to slow down the detoxification to a gentler-tolerable rate. You will become more in tune with your body, and will know when it is time for another session.
We will discuss this with you further as we evaluate your progress and determine a set of series that will fit your time and budget. Some go an entire life time carrying toxins with them never realizing what a difference colonics can make. No matter how often you can get a session, we highly recommend that you do.
“The BEST diet in the world is only as good as the WORST if your colon is not doing its job.”
“For maintaining optimum health I recommend that you undertake a Detox Program at least twice per year. Regular detoxification with living juices will rejuvenate the body and help prevent the onset of chronic disease.”
Hilde Hemmes-Author of Detox and Live